• At 9:05 p.m. Friday, Sault Police were dispatched to Zim’s Bar where a patron had ordered a pizza and some beer, and was refusing to pay his tab. Officers spoke to the man who stated he had no intentions of paying his bill and does “this wherever he is at.”
Archive for May, 2011
• At 7:15 a.m. Thursday, Sault Police were called to the area near the intersection of E. 10th St. and E. Spruce where a tow truck driver was assisting a stuck vehicle. The driver told officers that he was concerned the Sault woman did not have a driver’s license. Officers spoke with the woman who explained she was looking at […]
• At 8:32 p.m. Tuesday, Sault Police were dispatched to the 800-block of Swinton St. for a Domestic Violence complaint. According to the complainant, her 17 year old son was “out of control and combative;” she explained to officers that he does have a socio-behavioral disorder that she believes contributed to the incident.
• At 6:35 a.m. Sunday, Sault Police responded to a 911 call where the woman told Central Dispatch she thought “she made a mistake” in reference to a previous call made to the department. The Sault woman had an outstanding warrant for an unspecified offense, and she was arrested and booked in the Chippewa County Jail.
SAULT STE. MARIE – At 9:11 p.m. Wednesday, Sault Police responded to a two-car traffic near the intersection of W. 12th Ave. and Ashmun St. According to the report, a vehicle driven by a Sault, MI man pulled out of the Dairy Queen parking lot and struck a vehicle travelling south on Ashmun St.
• At 9:28 p.m. Monday, Sault Police were called to the 1900-block of Riverside Dr. to investigate a larceny complaint. According to the report, the complainant’s wife observed a red Dodge Durango sitting in front of their house when she returned home. The complainant knew where the owner of the red Durango could be found, and was able to get […]
• Sault Police report an on-going investigation where two adult females have been using their cell phones to call and text a teenage boy in order to persuade him to sell the pair his prescribed medication. The estranged husband and son of one of the women provided police with a recording taken from the son’s cell phone which seems to […]
• At 2:40 p.m. Thursday, Sault Police were asked to check a Bridge Village apartment building for a Lanse, MI man wanted on a warrant out of Baraga County. Officers attempted to locate the man, but were obstructed by two women in neighboring apartments. A third woman was questioned by officers and confirmed that the wanted man was indeed in […]
• At 7:45 a.m. Tuesday, Sault Police were called to the 1600-block of Superior St. in reference to a found bicycle. The caller told officers that the red and black Sun Kruizer, valued at $100, had been sitting in front of the house for several days.
• At 2:40 a.m. Saturday, Sault Police were on an unrelated call in the 100-block of W. Portage Ave. when they found a leather jacket on the ground. Officers were able to find identification in the pock of the jacket, and have been attempting to contact the owner. The jacket remains in the evidence locker awaiting pickup. •
• At 1 p.m. Thursday, a Sault woman came into the Sault Police Department to report that she had just been assaulted by her son. The woman told officers that she was going to War Memorial Hospital to seek treatment for her injuries. Police officers were advised to meet her there. At the emergency room, the woman told police she […]
• At 8:12 p.m. Monday, Sault Police were called to Wal*Mart for a retail fraud complaint. According to the report, Loss Prevention employees witnessed a man walking throughout the store, placing several items in his pocket as he went. When confronted, the man stated he intended to steal three of the items, but simply forgot to pay for an additional […]
• At 5:18 p.m. Thursday, Sault Police received a call regarding a larceny complaint in the 1200-block of Marquette Ave. According to the caller, both he and his wife left their home around 9 a.m. and returned about noon on Monday. During that time, their garage door was left open, and when they returned, the couple discovered several power tools […]